Occupational Therapy Services
Thrive Allied Health offers a range of person-centred and strengths-based Occupational Therapy services to enhance your independence and quality of life.
The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life.
Thrive Allied Health provides:
- comprehensive functional assessments
- goal setting and program design
- home safety assessments and advice
- review of activities of daily living
- falls risk assessments and falls prevention advice
- information and advice on specialised assistive technology, medical aids and equipment and how to use items safely and effectively
- prescription and arrange supply of assistive technology for daily living and mobility from a wide range of suppliers
- design and prescription of minor and major home modifications to enhance independence
- manual handling training and advice for families and support staff
Occupational Therapy treatment including:
– rehabilitation in the home following stroke, acquired brain injury, heart condition or other illness
– chronic disease self-management programs for people wishing to better manage diabetes, cancer, lung and heart conditions, back injuries and chronic pain
Choice and control
Our therapy services are designed to offer you full choice and control over your therapy.
We work in a person-centred way, which means we discuss with you what you would like to achieve. This helps establish the functional goals that are important to you. We build on your strengths and abilities and help you develop the areas in which you would like improvement. We work alongside you to achieve your goals and regularly review progress with you and your family. You choose what you would like assistance with and we determine together the best way to achieve your functional goals.
Department of Veterans Affairs services require a referral from your local doctor. DVA Health Cards (Gold and White) are accepted as payment upon a GP referral.
Medicare services require a referral from your local doctor.
Our Occupational Therapy services are currently available in the Gympie region.
Contact Thrive Allied Health at firstname.lastname@example.org to day to discuss your needs.